Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Theme Night

My son, when he was at home with me more, always loved what he called "Theme Night". He usually chose the ethnicity of our culinary challenge, and I was his very willing chef. I've thought of those times a lot lately and decided to dream up something new and exciting...well new anyway. Turned out great...try it soon!

It's A Tex-Mex Wrap


















Mexican Creme:

Sour Creme
Coconut Milk (unsweetened)
Juice of Lime
Cilantro
Zest of Lime

Equal parts sour creme and coconut milk...for this I used 1/2 cup each. The juice of one small lime and chopped cilantro added to the creme mixture. Blend just a bit and add zest of lime for color and taste. This is so good...you'll be surprised at the harmony of the flavors.




















Grilled Chicken:

Chicken
Salt
Black Pepper
Garlic Powder
Ground Cumin
Lime Juice

Use whatever type chicken you prefer, for me it's thighs. They have super chicken flavor and the juiciness is there.
Place the chicken into a mixing bowl and add the salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and cumin to taste. Mix to coat the chicken with the spices. Juice a lime over the chicken and mix. You may grill in whatever manner you prefer...for me it's a cast iron grill pan on a burner on my patio. I can control the temp perfectly and achieve a wonderful crispiness...that's my reason.

















Wrap Fixin's:

Red and Green Lettuce
Cheddar/Monterey Jack cheese
 

Red onion
Flour Tortillas

Tear the lettuce into bits...grate the cheese (I used a Cheddar and Monterey Jack combo) and dice the red onion. Warm the tortillas on the grill and place a cloth over to keep warm.

To assemble, place a tortilla onto a plate and add sliced pieces of the grilled chicken. Add red onion, cheese, and lettuce, then drizzle with the creme mixture. Roll up, dig in and open a bottle of "Big Daddy Juice", but don't go looking for that...it's a family joke.

Taadaa...





No comments:

Post a Comment