Saturday, May 15, 2010

Surprise Beignet's

The last entry of Schoolhouse Rolls provided a very happy twist. I love "bright idea's" that come from a single task and evolve into a completely different intention. As I was pinching the dough to make my rolls I decided to "just see" if this particular dough would segue nicely into Beignet's. I reserved a fist size portion and completed my task of making rolls. After the rolls were covered and on their second rise, I rolled the reserved dough out to about 1/8" and cut into rectangles, then heated oil to deep fry. I dropped each one into the hot oil.

Hint: do not crowd the pot.


When they were a light golden brown, I removed from the oil, drained on a towel and piled onto a serving plate. Next, I dusted the delectable little morsel's with an insane amount of powdered sugar. Lovely!
Another idea...I like cinnamon and sugar on Beignet's, so that would be another choice.
I did this in the afternoon, but kept thinking how wonderful they would have been at breakfast with my favorite coffee, Community Dark Roast. Yum...delicious.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, this is going to be dessert for us later in the week! (Love the new blog format, by the way!)

    ReplyDelete