Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fluffy Pancakes

This is a recipe that I formerly posted here.  I had included a writing on the addition of three trees to my yard/garden along with this recipe and eventually decided to remove the whole thing.  


My good intention was to split the flora comments from the food comments, but alas, time has flown by this past year and now I'm finally adding the pancake part back to this foodie effort.


I love these pancakes so here they are once again.  I had a friend tell me she used this recipe when I first posted it so maybe others will find it tasty as well.  How bad can a pancake be, after all?  As for the trees, well I added that story entitled I Love Trees to my other blog, I Sing Joyfully.  


Anny Pancakes


1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs (separate yolk and white)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract


Into a bowl mix all the dry ingredients and set aside.  Separate the eggs with yolks in one small bowl and whites in another slightly larger bowl.  Add the milk and melted butter to the yolks and mix well.  Beat the whites with a whisk or hand mixer until soft peaks form.


Combine the dry ingredients with the milk mixture and mix well.  Add the vanilla and almond extracts and stir.  Fold in the whipped egg whites in small batches. The batter will be light and airy.  Spoon about 1/3 cup portions onto a well greased griddle and turn when the bottom is lightly browned and set.  Flip and lightly brown then serve warm.  My choice for a sweet addition is warm honey and cold fruit.  Serve with ice cold milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment