Monday, August 1, 2011

Monday's Inspiration

Jambon en Croute
It's still hot around here; August is not a very kind month in Deep South USA.  But I'm thinking of cooler weather and football season and the Fall food that is so easy and fun to make and serve. In my other blog, I Sing Joyfully, I wrote about my birthday last week and the friends at my office that made it so very special. One of my dear friends gave me a jar of Jezebel Sauce in a bag of goodies. Hmmm...that sounds like a party to me and Monday is just as good a day as any to create a new recipe. I'm thinking crunchy, sweet, salty, spicy, but especially easy.


Jambon en Croute with Jezebel Creme

1 sheet puff pastry
Jezebel sauce
Ham
1 egg
Coarse black pepper
1 small tub whipped creme cheese


Allow the puff pastry to thaw in the fridge, then remove and unfold the sheet onto a very lightly floured board. Cut the pastry into nine equal pieces; I used a pizza cutter to cut the dough. Dice the ham into fairly small pieces. Onto each pastry piece spoon a small amount of Jezebel sauce and then a bit of diced ham. Close the edges in whatever manner you like. Beat the egg well and brush over each pastry parcel. Sprinkle on black pepper. Place onto a baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven until golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes. 


To make the Jezebel Creme, mix the creme cheese with enough Jezebel sauce to sweeten and thin the creme cheese to dipping consistency.  Serve the bundle's warm or at room temp with the creme dip alongside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment