Saturday, May 8, 2010

Let's Celebrate Friday

THP on the patio with an excellent Margarita!

Margarita's on the patio are a great way to begin any warm Friday evening. This was the first of the season and I must say they were delicious. Great way to shake the stress of the week and begin the weekend. Simply prep the grill, watch the smoke trail away and sip a great drink like this one while the steaks bathe in the marinade. Nice... 


Steaks for Dinner

2 New York strip steaks

1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Juice of 1 large lemon
2 tablespoons soy sauce (or more if you like)
1 sprig fresh basil (torn)
Salt & Black Pepper


Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce until blended. Stir in the fresh basil. Pour over steaks and turn to coat each one. Sprinkle both steaks with salt and pepper to your taste. Marinate for about an hour or so.
 

A very few minutes on each side and taadaa...time to eat.
Now, I do love to use gas grills, however if you're going for the true grilling experience, use a charcoal grill. My old Weber is one of my favorite outdoor "appliances". I use a charcoal chimney and the local newspaper to begin the process. For me this is the best way to grill practically anything. When the coals are turning white from the heat, dump them in and you're ready to begin. At this point it's a matter of what you like as the end result. I prefer my steaks, medium rare, which doesn't require much of your time. 

I served this wonderful steak with a Romaine lettuce, grape tomato and purple onion salad alongside Yukon gold potatoes with a drizzle of butter and of course, a great appetite. A very pleasant beginning to my weekend I must say.

No comments:

Post a Comment